2020 MU Resources
On August 2, 2017, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) issued a final rule that included changes to the Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs for 2018 reporting.
Here is a summary of some of the 2018 changes for the Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs:
- Providers can choose to report requirements for Modified Stage 2 or Stage 3 (your choice).
- You can use 2014, 2015 or a combination of 2014/2015 certified EHR technology.
- You must use 2015 or a combination of 2014/2015 certified EHR technology to report to Stage 3, 2014 certified EHR for Modified Stage 2.
- The reporting period for 2018 will be a continuous 90-day period within the 2018 calendar year.
- Along with the core measures you will need to report six clinical quality measures (it can be a different 90-day period and do not need to cross domains*).
- 2016 was the last year a provider could begin participation in the Medicaid EHR Incentive program.
Below are some vital links for Meaningful Use information and submission, provided by MedTech.